This position will be a working travel advisor position. The individual in this position will demonstrate a high level of sales ability in consultative selling and customer service for upscale, premium vacation clients who travel both domestically and internationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualify travel leads and gather travel objectives from clients.
- Confirm best value and fit for client on vacation packages, cruises, tours and travel insurance; communicate same in professional and organized manner.
- Assists customer to determine best vacation destination to meet budget considerations.
- Suggest creative travel solutions and additional services.
- Evaluate supplier choice based on customer needs and preferred vendor policy.
- Confidently share first-hand travel knowledge with clients with a “been-there, done-that” expertise.
- Update and maintain traveler’s profile information as requested.
- Develop a specialty in at least one destination or travel type and become the lead advisor in that area.
- Comprehend and advise client on relevant industry information.
- Reinforce positive relationships between Acendas and Vendors.
- Communicate all necessary client requests and/or concerns to the Vacation Director.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and trainings.
- Stay up-to-date on current events and changes in the travel industry and participate in fam trips to further travel knowledge.
- Follow Acendas procedures and policies as they relate to offering exceptional customer service for client retention.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Strong sales skills and customer-oriented personality.
- Expansive knowledge of domestic and foreign travel destinations and industry suppliers.
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and take on new tasks while maintaining strict deadlines in a high-pressure and time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- High level of customer service skills while maintaining productivity levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Relationship building skills with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- High level of integrity.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Strong passion for travel.
Certifcation program will be provided!